Monday, March 10, 2008

My final project ideas

I was thinking about what I should do for my final project. I was thinking I might look up literature about the Holocaust. I think it is one of the most interesting events in history and I think I would find a lot of good poems and stories about it. Because of all the emotion I think it could be really good to use, It would be an easy subject because it was so famous and people were really effected by it and therefore wrote a lot about it and how it did effect them.
Also, my other idea was to write about relationships. I think there are a lot of stories and poems about relationships, good ones and bad ones, I'm one of those romatics who love sappy movie and book, like Nicholas Sparks, I just really enjoy a good romance novel or poetry about love.
I also was thinking about beauty, because I really enjoyed Shakespear's "My mistresses eyes are nothing like the Sun" and how it talked about her lack of beauty, but it could also come with more modern literature such as literature about eating disorders and women struggling to be beautiful, Ive read a lot of modern poetry about young women struggling with beauty, whether it be plastic surgery or the media. I'm going to have a tough time deciding what I should do.

1 comment:

S. Anderson said...

You have a bunch of great ideas here. I think that all of them would work. The holocaust literature is definitely a rich subject with lots of information out there already. And, I like the idea of looking at unconventional perceptions of beauty. Very good ideas indeed!